July 24, 2012

Warrior Dash Complete

Sunday I completed the Warrior Dash Ontario. I'm SO proud of myself. This is something I would look at and say I'd never be able to do that. It's for people that are super fit, but I did it and loved it!


I'm not going to lie I was so scared as we arrived!! My stomach was doing flips but once we got into it, it was so much fun!


We got pumped up at the start of our wave time and we were off. Jogging along with my husband and all of a sudden he lost his shoe to the mud. He's a warrior he just dug in deep to the mud and reclaimed his shoe and we were off.



I did the dash with 2 friends and my husband. A bit after the 1 mile mark our one friend was struggling with her asthma and needed to slow down and walk. We stuck together and did every obstacle! We climbed over walls that were 3/4 of my height and under barbwire, crawled through a trench, climbed over a huge cargo net (did I mention I'm afraid of heights?), jumped over fire as a team, crawled through a mud pit with barbwire over top and more.


I'm a bit disappointed I wasn't able to push myself and see what my best was but it was AWESOME being able to complete this with such close friends of mine! We completed the Warrior Dash Barrie in 1 hour and 19 minutes, which obliterated our goal of completing it in 2 hours.

I'm excited to continue with my exercising, weight loss and training for next years Warrior Dash. One thing I will say I really need to work on is my hill training because those hills kicked my butt!

Next goal is to completely jog a 5k race.

~Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment