March 11, 2011

Vinyl Wall Art Envy

I always loved the beautiful vinyl wall art but found it to be a bit pricey for the big pieces. I’m not an artist by any means. I don’t have the painting talent some people posses but I was determined to make the kids rooms as fun as can be. After lots of browsing through different tree wall art and seeing a fun design of a stick tree with cut out map leaves at a nearby shop. I decided to venture into painting a tree for Sweetpeas room.  I got out my pencil and ruler and started to make the outline of my stick tree. I cut out two different sized leaves and a flower and away I went. It was missing something so my simple little bird came in and here it is my version of wall art on a budget. All the paint I used was leftover from our previous house and a little of my sons craft paint for a few details.

Projects I’m working on now are some really fun things for Monkey's room. I can’t wait until it’s finished. I’ll be posting about it soon I’m sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment